"We can handle any criminal case. Anytime. Anywhere."
- Managing Partner Mark Werksman
Aggressive, Tenacious and Fearless Criminal Defense
From our office in downtown Los Angeles our attorneys have represented CEO's of multi-national corporations, athletes, physicians, attorneys, actors, directors, film and TV executives, financial executives, as well as a wide range of other successful and highly-compensated individuals.
Those with a high-profile case, and who can afford the very best representation, turn to us in their time of need because they know our commitment to getting the very best possible results. We are serious, dedicated and laser-focused about protecting our client's rights. We recognize that these matters are always urgent, whether our client has already been charged or is still under investigation.
Our Focus Remains Clear...
With an unwavering resolve, we vigorously defend those accused of Federal offenses, White Collar crimes, Violent crimes and Sex crimes. And, we never settle for anything less than the very best possible result for our clients. Never.
Los Angeles Daily Journal recently wrote a feature article on Werksman Jackson Hathaway Quinn LLP. To read the full story, please click the image below.
- Grand Jury Investigations, Asset Forfeiture
- Pre-Indictment Investigations, Medicare Fraud
- Credit Card Fraud, Bank Fraud, Tax Evasion/Fraud
- RICO/Racketeering, Perjury, Money Laundering
- Wire Fraud, Investment Fraud, Mortgage Fraud
- Insurance Fraud, Forgery, Health Care Fraud
- Environmental Crimes, Bribery, Obstruction of Justice
- Counterfeiting, Insider Trading, Conspiracy
- Embezzlement, Bankruptcy Fraud, Extortion
- Import/Export Crimes, Public Corruption, Loan Fraud
- Copyright Infringement, Kickbacks, Mail Fraud
- Medical Board Accusations/Hearings, Blackmail
- Computer Hacking, Real Estate Fraud
- Federal Child Pornography, Federal Tax Fraud
- RICO Matters, Federal Appeals and Writs
- Federal Securities Fraud, Federal Medicare Fraud
- Federal Money Laundering Fraud
- Homicide, Capital Murder, Manslaughter
- Assault and Battery, Armed Robbery
- Weapons Violations, Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Carjacking, Hit and Run, Vehicular Manslaughter
- Human Trafficking, Criminal Threats, Arson
- Terrorist Threats, Murder, Kidnapping
- Juvenile Offenses, Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Sexual Assault, Internet Pornography
- Child Molestation, Solicitation of a Minor, Child Abuse
- Rape, Statutory Rape, Date Rape
- Lewd Conduct, Indecent Exposure
- Child Pornography, Child Enticement
- Title IX Campus Assault Defense
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA'S SEXUAL MISCONDUCT HEARING PROCESS RULED "UNFAIR" BY SAN DIEGO COURT.
SAN DIEGO, CA - On July 10, 2015, San Diego Superior Court Judge Joel M. Pressman ruled that a sexual misconduct disciplinary action brought by the University of California against a 20-year-old male undergraduate student at UC San Diego was unfair and not supported by the evidence. Judge Pressman ordered the university to set aside its findings of misconduct and to set aside the sanctions issued against the student, who is referred to as "John Doe" in court proceedings filed as John Doe v. UC San Diego Council of Provosts, SDSC Case No. 37-2015-00010549-CU-WM-CTL.
"It's encouraging to see courts recognizing that sexual misconduct complaints on campus cannot be resolved at the expense of Constitutional rights and fundamental fairness," said Mark Hathaway, an attorney for John Doe. "Colleges and universities must treat all student's fairly, regardless of gender. All too often the male student is just presumed responsible and given no access to any campus resources. Hopefully Judge Pressman's ruling today will help correct the imbalance."